Three Ways to Slow the Spread
How to Protect Yourself When Going Out
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect others.
- Choose a mask with two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric that fits snugly against the sides of your face.
- Stay 6 feet apart and avoid crowds.
- The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- Avoid indoor spaces as much as possible, particularly ones that aren’t well ventilated.
- You may find it harder to stay 6 feet apart in indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often.
- Use soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place or hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.